No More Trouble Zones

Call me a sellout, but I love Jillian Michaels. I just had to get that out of the way.

This workout takes about 50 minutes and targets "trouble zones," namely the arms, abs, butt, and thighs. It is a circuit training workout, so you do sets of different moves and then repeat the circuit. I'm in decent shape (I run 3 miles a few times a week), and I definitely work up a sweat while doing this workout. It uses three pound weights and takes the low weights high reps approach. Before starting this video, I was doing a circuit training routine put together by a personal trainer using eight pound weights. I saw results much faster with the No More Trouble Zones workout. My main trouble zone is my arms, and they were noticeably smaller (by me and by my boyfriend) in two weeks.

One thing that annoys me with workout DVDs is that the people are too peppy. I find the things Jillian says to be motivating without being cheesy. She's tough, but not too tough. She says things that remind you that you have to put in the work to get the results, which I like. She also doesn't do everything in the workout. While this may annoy some people, I find this encouraging. The fact that she can't do the whole workout and give proper instruction at the same time tells me that this workout is serious. That and the fact that I'm usually pretty sweaty within fifteen minutes. Another small thing she does is that she doesn't give the beginner variations right away. Most of the time, she waits until near the end of the set or until the second set to give you the cheats. This motivates me to do both sets entirely without taking those shortcuts. It's small, but I definitely notice and appreciate this part of her instruction. Her cool down stretches are also pretty thorough. A lot of DVDs barely stretch you out afterwards. She's not doing anything crazy for insanely flexible people. In fact, she is notoriously inflexible, but she gives you enough where you will get a good stretch.

I really love this workout, and I have gotten results pretty quickly while doing it regularly. It does take 50 minutes, but it also cuts out the time it takes to go to and from the gym. I would definitely recommend this to anyone, especially those concerned with their arms and thighs.

Comments

Popular Posts