Enrico's Pastry Shop

1057 Morris Park Ave, Bronx, NY 10461

If you are at all familiar with the Northeast Bronx, you have probably heard of Enrico's and/or Conti's. Enrico's has a pretty good selection of pastries, cookies, and cakes. They also serve Italian ices, perfect for summer. Of course, the big thing to try at any Italian bakery is the cannoli. If you get the mini pastries or cookies, they run for around $11/lb. I would suggest going this route, as you will save money and get to sample more pastries. I got a decaf coffee, a mini cannoli, mini berry tart, and two cookies for just under $3. I was pretty satisfied with the quality of these desserts. The cannolis here are pretty good. I think the cream was a little too sweet for my taste, but it was still excellent overall.

The staff are very friendly and willing to answer questions. They will even give their opinions on which pastries they do and don't like, so don't be afraid to ask. One of my criticisms is that there aren't many smaller sized cakes and things available. The cupcakes, cheesecake slices, and other cake slices (carrot cake and chocolate cake) are all pretty generous. For many people, I'm sure this is a plus, but I didn't really want a large quantity of cake in the afternoon. Out of the cakes, I think the small slices of tiramisu were the most appropriately sized for afternoon coffee and dessert. There also isn't a whole lot of room to sit. The seating consists of small tables and chairs, something like the tables at a small diner that aren't the booths. It easily accomodates a group of two, but you may feel like you are in the way if you come with a group of four or more. I did go with a group of four, and we were able to make it work. If they had been busier, I'm not sure that would have been the case. Most of the orders here are to go.

Overall, I would recommend Enrico's to anyone with a craving for Italian pastries. I will say I prefer Conti's in terms of ambiance and the quality of their cannolis. The cannolis at Conti's are filled when you order them, and their seating is much more comfortable.

The black and white cookies are a little lemony. They have the right texture, but that lemony flavor isn't quite right. And I do love lemon desserts.

Comments

Popular Posts