New Beginnings

I haven't been posting as much as I would like to because in August, I started my first year of medical school at SUNY Downstate in Brooklyn. There has been a lot of transitioning: moving to Brooklyn, being back in school, living more than a mile away from my boyfriend. When Brian and I were talking, he told me I would adjust and that I would do the things I like to do but less often. I would watch less movies, and my meals would get less exciting. This thought was a little depressing for me.

I started cooking when I moved away from home to start college. I was homesick, so I called my mom and asked her for some recipes. From then on, cooking has made me feel at home. I didn't feel like I had completely moved in to my new apartment until I made my first batch of jam, which I started at six in the morning because I couldn't sleep. Since food is such an integral part of me feeling at home, I've decided that I just have to try that much harder to try new recipes and keep my meals exciting. It may not seem like much, but to me, it's a ver uplifting idea.

Comments

Popular Posts