Tour de Cure

I haven't been posting much lately, mostly because I've been busy biking! This past Saturday, I participated in the Tour de Cure, a bike ride fundraiser hosted by the American Diabetes Association to help fund diabetes research. I did the 30-mile ride (there were 15 mile, 30 mile, 55 mile, and 100 mile routes). I've biked hundreds of miles training for this event, and it was well worth it. I had so much fun. There were rest stops every ten miles with cold drinks and snacks. Before and after the ride, there was entertainment, breakfast and lunch, and student massages. It was a great event, and I felt good doing it. The ride was non-competitive, and the crowd was much less confrontational than the typical Critical Mass crowd. I was one of two people that I saw biking in jeans. Everyone else had appropriate fitness oriented attire. If there was one thing I would change, I would have liked to see more bike commuters participate. It seemed to be mostly people who bike for recreation or exercise, which is cool too and totally one of the reasons that I commute by bicycle. This was the first time that I took part in an organized ride, and I totally enjoyed it. I was a little nervous at first because I didn't know what to expect, but it was totally chill and relaxing. A great way to spend a Saturday morning.

Comments

Popular Posts