Ginger Brown's Old Tyme Restaurant and Bakery

6312 Lake Worth Blvd
Fort Worth, TX 76135


For anyone familiar with the Lake Worth area, I pray to God you are familiar with Ginger Brown's. It is a country style restaurant located right next to the Lake Worth Department of Public Safety in a strip mall with a grocery store. Even though I grew up in Fort Worth, my brother and I made it a tradition to renew our driver's licenses at this DPS every year and then follow that with a hearty breakfast at Ginger Brown's. The food here is awesome. The cinnamon rolls are just as good as they advertise. If you are planning on eating anything besides a cinnamon roll, share one with a friend. Otherwise, this will be your breakfast. This is country-style cooking, so throw your diet out the window. The biscuits and gravy are good, the omelets are good, the senior citizen skillets are good. The lunch options are delicious too, but I am much more partial to a country style breakfast. Whenever I eat here, I usually don't eat anything else for the rest of the day because I am so stuffed. The clientele are a mix of older, country folk, complete with plaid shirts and cowboy hats, and young high schoolers looking for hearty food that brings back memories of being over stuffed at family gatherings. Ginger cooks in the back, so you will often hear people ask their server to relay messages of appreciation. Sometimes, Ginger will even come to the front of the house to serve a cinnamon roll or accept a compliment. The restaurant also has free WiFi, table jukeboxes, and a collection of interesting cookie jars on wall-mounted shelves that circle the restaurant. I've never tried using the WiFi, but I like the availability of modern amenities in a rural atmosphere. For anyone looking for an authentic Southern experience with authentic Southern food, this is it.

Comments

Popular Posts